Ahead of the upcoming Breezair by Seeley Australian International Cadet Championship to be held at Largs Bay, the Victorian fleet has completed their Tillett Team Selection Series.
The Tillett Team award is an interstate competition with six boats competing from each state during the championships. Named after world champion brothers Chris and David Tillett, the competition gives states a chance at bragging rights.
Recently dominated by Tasmania, the Victorians are hoping to break through in 2017.
The selection process was run across two weekends, the first at the Royal Yacht Club of Victoria and the second at the Royal Geelong Yacht Club, to provide some contrast and a wider range of conditions.
Eight races in total were held and the racing was predominantly in light and testing airs.
The final team is as followed.
- Whip it Real Good — Tilly Davis (team captain) and Will Shephard (Sandringham Yacht Club)
- Tic Toc — Ben Towson and Xavier Smith (Royal Geelong Yacht Club)
- Tempest — Gabe Nolan and Imogen Farnell (Royal Geelong Yacht Club)
- Brothers in Arms — Dom Randall and Elliot Hughes (Royal Geelong Yacht Club)
- Spitfire — Peter Allen and Oliver Grieves (Royal Yacht Club of Victoria)
- Checkmate — Sophie Alexander and Tim McCoy (Royal Geelong Yacht Club)
Congratulations to all and looking forward to a strong showing at the nationals.